Safer Online Spaces Policy
Axis is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible space online for artists and the people they collaborate with. We aim to create ethical, innovative, artist-centred online spaces that enable rich participatory and collaborative experiences that are safe for everyone.
Safer Online Spaces Policy
This Policy extends specifically to interactions that happen in and around our own platform and partner platforms.
- Racism, ageism, homophobia, sexism, transphobia, biphobia, ableism or prejudice based on ethnicity, nationality, class, gender, gender presentation, language ability, asylum status or religious affiliation is never welcome nor permitted.
- Bring an awareness of the space you hold, the positions and privileges you bring, including racial, class and gender privilege and how these may affect others.
- Never make assumptions on the opinions and identifications of other members, instead ask kindly first and then engage in active listening.
- Be mindful of the questions you are asking or the advice you are giving – think about why you are asking them – recognise that what may be okay with you could harm others.
- Make every effort not to judge, look down upon or enter into competition with others during your interactions.
- Be aware of the language you use in discussions and exchanges and how this relates to others.
- Give generously to each person the time and space to share and post their thoughts and ideas. In chats and forums, wait your turn to share, do not interrupt others, and be kind with your words.
- Exercise caution in disclosing personal information to the group or other members, for example phone numbers or home address.
- Create posts that are relevant, useful or informative to the group / person you are engaging with which will foster meaningful and genuine interactions. Avoid sharing content as spam.
- Never post or share links to content that is abusive, threatening, hateful, sexually explicit or offensive.
- Never post or share links that promote or glorify abject violence or suffering.
- Anyone sharing inappropriate content will be automatically removed from any online platforms. Please consider what you are sharing and its impact on others.
- If someone breaches any points in this policy a mediation process can happen with the help of another member. If a serious breach happens to the extent that someone feels unsafe, the offending party may be removed from the platform altogether. Axis reserves the right to final decision in matters of mediation and review at this level.
If you require further information on our Safer Spaces policy please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us through our social media channels; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.